The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is California’s privacy protection regulation. The main rights it affords to California residents are:
- The right to know about the personal information a business collects about them and how it is used and shared;
- The right to delete personal information collected from them (with some exceptions);
- The right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information; and
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising their CCPA rights
The CCPA applies to for-profit businesses that do business in California and meet any of the following criteria:
- Have a gross annual revenue of over $25 million;
- Buy, receive, or sell the personal information of 50,000 or more California residents, households, or devices; or
- Derive 50% or more of their annual revenue from selling California residents’ personal information
Tone is a “Service Provider” under CCPA guidelines and, as such, we comply with all requests to know, delete, or opt-out of the sale of personal information made by business owners on behalf of consumers.
For more information, please see Shopify’s Whitepaper on CCPA.
Need support? We’re happy to help! Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org