To create a new Shopify flow go to Flows in your dashboard.
Scroll down to the All Flows table and select Create New Flow.
This will open a new page where you can set a flow name, select a trigger, delay time, and customize the message to send with your flow.
Each trigger allows you to send an automated message to your customers based on a particular action. We currently offer the following Shopify triggers:
- Order shipped: Your customer will receive an automated message when their order has shipped.
- Order delivered: Your customer will receive an automated message when their order is marked as delivered by the carrier.
- Order confirmed: Your customer will receive an automated message when their order has been accepted.
- Order canceled: Your customer will receive an automated message when their order gets canceled.
- Order refunded: Your customer will receive an automated message when an order is refunded (we pull in the refund amount).
You can customize each of these Flow Trigger messages individually to say exactly what you want based on the trigger.
You can view the Message Preview on the right-hand side in blue. As you edit your custom message, you will see the changes being made in the blue box.
You can pick your opt-out language that will be included as well via the Opt-Out dropdown menu.
You can also add as many messages as you want to your Flow message by clicking on + Message.
For each Flow message, you can also add a custom delay time and exit criteria.
The message delay can be in minutes, hours, or days but keep in mind that the maximum time delay is 180 days.
There are two choices for exit criteria (these are optional and can be added between any messages in the sequence after the initial message)
- On order - the customer is exited out of the flow if they place an order.
- On reply - the customer is exited out of the flow if they reply to the thread.
Once you're done and satisfied with your message, click Create Flow.
You will see the new Flow enabled under the All Flows table. The maximum delay is 180 days and new flows are automatically enabled.
An important thing to note is that you cannot have more than one Flow enabled for one trigger. For instance, if you have a Flow for "order shipped", you won't be able to create another one. You will get an alert asking you to disable the active Flow in order to turn on or create a new Flow with that trigger.
Need support? We’re happy to help! Please contact us directly at email@example.com